The Selling Process
VR Mergers & Acquisitions employs a twelve step proven process for sell-side clients. Throughout the process, we stay in close communication with each client to ensure that they are fully informed.
1. Establish Relationship with Client
- Understand client goals and objectives.
- Discuss all options.
- Educate client about the selling process.
2. Assess Company and Conduct Analysis
- Obtain information and financials.
- Understand market position.
- Identify limiting factors.
- Determine valuation range.
3. Commit to Process
- Review valuation range.
- Discuss options.
- Reach decision.
- Sign engagement agreement.
4. Identify Potential Buyers
- Research strategic, synergistic and financial potential buyers.
- Develop strategy to reach each buyer group.
- Design contact process to create the greatest level of competition among potential buyers.
5. Profile Company
- Conduct owner interviews.
- Research industry.
- Complete comprehensive analysis.
6. Marketing Package
- Prepare confidential summary.
- Prepare confidential business review.
- Focus on unique value drivers of the company.
7. Market to Potential Buyers Proactively contacts Potential Buyers
- Screen interested parties.
- Obtain confidentiality agreements.
- Provide Confidential Business Review.
8. Evaluate Offers and Negotiate
- Provide analysis and feedback on offers to sellers.
- Negotiate price, terms, the deal structure with buyers.
9. Letter of Intent (LOI)
- Negotiate Letter(s) of Intent that meets seller goals.
10. Facilitate Due Diligence
- Serve as the liaison between buyer and seller with regard to due diligence.
- Review due diligence list, time line, etc. for feasibility and necessity.
11. Execute Purchase Agreement
- Review purchase agreement to ensure that it follows the framework of LOI and price. terms, structure discussed.
- Provide feedback to seller, buyer and other advisors (CPAs, attorneys).
- Facilitate execution of the final purchase agreement.
12. Manage Closing Process
- Facilitate the closing.
- Ensure that all documents are prepared.
- Coordinate and communicate with seller, buyer and their respective advisors.